The ANU Climate Change Institute's vision is to build and support a cohesive, interactive community of climate change-related researchers and teachers at the ANU.
Our mission is to contribute to climate change solutions through innovative, interdisciplinary approaches to research and teaching, drawing on the wealth of expertise across the University's seven colleges, and to connect our work to governments, the private sector and civil society.
The strategies we use to achieve our mission are:
- Building a collaborative community of climate change scholars across the University via seminars, symposia and other internal events
- Developing research aimed at tackling critical climate change issues, through stimulating disciplinary work and enabling new interdisciplinary approaches, supported by significant new external funding
- Working with academic areas to create exciting, innovative climate-oriented courses at undergraduate, post-graduate and professional levels
- Providing policy-relevant advice to the Australian and ACT Governments, supported by our expertise, our ongoing research, and out role as the national university
- Communicating the activities and outcomes of the ANU climate change community to a wide range of audiences locally, nationally and internationally.